Focusing on the school setting, this no-nonsense presentation explains how to avoid transmission of pathogens, with emphasis on those carried by blood and other bodily fluids. This timely program covers these important topics:
- What to do when someone has a nosebleed or gets a cut or scrape.
- How teachers and the school nurse can help when someone is bleeding.
- Dangerous behaviors that may spread bloodborne disease, such as handling needles or broken glass.
- Germs and how they travel from person to person
- The importance of handwashing in preventing illness.
By showing kids everyday dangers of classroom and playground, and by outlining some simple safeguards, Bloodborne Pathogens and Other Germs will help keep your students and their friends safe and healthy. Included is a FREE pocket-size teaching guide.