The next generation in objective hearing screening technology, designed to address the challenges practitioners face when screening infants, newborns, toddlers, preschool and school-age children. Objective screening, paired with breakthrough technology, make the Welch Allyn OAE Hearing Screener an ideal tool when testing for otoacoustic emissions.
Rapidly screen newborns and infants with minimal cooperation required. No behavioral response required for those too young to respond or who have trouble sitting still. Tests are fast; just three button pushes turn on the device and complete tests on both ears in approximately 8-16 seconds per ear (assumes DPOAE screening with 2-4 second averaging).
- Rapidly screen newborns and infants with minimal cooperation required.
- No behavioral response required for those too young to respond.
- Noise-management technology addresses poor test results due to ambient sound.
- View, archive and export patient data with Welch Allyn Data Manager Software.
- In-the-ear calibration helps improve test accuracy, ensuring probe is secure.
- AutoStart check makes sure test is started in acceptable conditions.
- User-friendly screen prompts guide staff through the test.
- Tests at key speech frequencies - 2, 3, 4 and 5 kHz.
- Handheld Unit
- Micro USB Charging Cable for Charger
- Database Software and Micro USB Connector
- Disposable Ear Tip Kit and Tubes
- User Manual
- Quick Guide
- Calibration Certificate
- Cradle Printer
- Carry Case
- Ear Tips
- Replacement Cables
- Replacement Probe
- Probe Tubes
DPOAE Screening: 2 Fixed Protocols
Frequencies: 2,000 kHz; 3,000 kHz; 4,000 kHz; 5,000 kHz
L1/L2: 65 / 55 dB
SNR: 6 dB
Pass Criteria: 3 frequencies at 6 dB SNR
Averaging Time: 2 and 4 seconds
Display Color: OLED display
User Input: 4-button operation
Connecters: Micro-USB for charging and communication; HDMI for probe
Weight: 6.4 oz (180 gm)
Communication to PC: Micro-USB or Bluetooth Wireless
Languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Chinese
Power Supply: 5.0 V DC, 1.6 A
Probe Description: Integrated microphone and receivers in probe head; Calibration data stored on probe
Cable Length: 40 in (101.6 cm)
Weight: 1.0 oz (28 gm)
Microphone Noise: 20 dB SPL @ 2 kHz (1 Hz bandwidth), -13 dB SPL @ 1 kHz (1 Hz bandwidth)
Ear Tips: Single-use disposable ear tips
Operation: Provides PC Database communication and charging
Test Memory: 250 tests on unit
Patient Names: Patient names on unit (optional)
Database Software: Report output to PDF, RTF, Image files
Type: Thermal Dot Matrix
Power: 7.4 V lithium ion battery 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
Paper Width: 2.25 in (57 mm)
Battery: 3.6 V rechargeable lithium ion
Battery Life: 15 hours on time
Charge Time: 4 hours to 100%