The plusoptiX is a specialized piece of equipment provided by School Nurse Supply. Please call 800-485-2737 with any questions before buying so we may assist you in making an informed purchasing decision.
The purpose of a plusoptiX vision screening device is to empower primary health care providers to detect most prevalent vision disorders in children as early as possible. The earlier a vision disorder is detected the better it can be treated.
With the possibility of connecting the device to your EMR system, there are a variety of ways to document the measurement results. Allowing for high demand in product quality and customer service, plusoptiX vision screeners provide an optimal solution for fast and uncomplicated vision screening in your office.
- Binocular, non-invasive readings with simultaneous measurement of both eyes.
- Intuitive, icon based touchscreen operation.
- Measurement results are compared to age specific thresholds and a “Pass” or “Refer” vision screening result is displayed (“Refer” vision screening result need to be sent to an eye care professional for an eye examination).
- Measurement from 1 m (3.3 feet) distance to the child.
- Measurement in less than one second.
- Can be used on undilated pupils.
- Fully automated function.
- Children can be measured starting at 6 months of age.
- Measurement is delegable and can easily be performed by an ophthalmic technician.
- Possibility to measure over glasses and contact lenses.
plusoptiX vision screening devices provide reliable measurement values of:
- Refraction (Spherical Equivalent)
- Pupil Diameter and Pupil Distance
- Symmetry of Corneal Reflexes
- Hyperopia (Farsightedness)
- Myopia (Nearsightedness)
- Astigmatism (Blurred Vision)
- Anisometropia (Unequal Refractive Power)
- Anisocoria (Unequal Pupil Size)
- Strabismus (Eye Misalignment)
- plusoptiX S12C Mobile Vision Screener
- 4 GB SD Memory Card
- Medical Power Adapter
- 6-ct Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Ergonomic Neck Strap
- Carrying Case with Shoulder Strap
- 2 Year Extended Manufacturer Warranty
Every plusoptiX Pediatric Vision Screener shares the very same measurement technology and algorithm, and therefore accuracy of measurements is the same across all available device models. The differences are in mobility and documentation options.
- Designed to be transportable between different exam rooms or different locations with access to a WLAN.
- 5 sets of validated referral thresholds to adjust device sensitivity and specificity to your screening program requirements.
- Runs on 6 rechargeable, standard AA size batteries (operational while charging).
- Internal patient database for up to 100,000 entries for follow-up management and studies.
- Data entry via screen keyboard or connection of an optional USB keyboard.
- Saves screening reports to SD card.
- Can be connected to a network server using a WLAN connection for CSV data exchange (EMR) and screening report printing.
- Prints self-adhesive labels to provide documentation in paper file (optional printer required).
- Award-winning child-friendly design.
- One year hassle-free warranty and continuous free software updates available on plusoptiX website.